Twelve Essentials for Technology Integration article

This article was very interesting. There are so many applications out there that are free to use. I first looked at SchoolTube because I enjoy showing short video clips in class but I have found that YouTube can not always be reliable and when you search for a video some other videos pop up that have bad words in their title. I knew of TeacherTube but I have not really explored SchoolTube. I think it is great to have a place where kids can publish their work in a safe environment.

The second one I looked at was SnagFilms. I have never heard of this website before. I really liked it. Personally, I really enjoy documentaries, but I can see myself using this in my history class as well. For example, they have documentaries about legacies of different decades.

The third one I looked at was Weebly. It looks like an easy way to make a free website/blog. I watched the tutorial and it all seemed pretty user friendly. I don't really know when I would use this in class. I already have a Moodle page for my class and I have a website from the district. I guess I could make a new one for my school's website. The one that we are supposed to use is not so fun and you can't do all that much with it. I guess I could make a new website for myself on Weebly and just post the link to it on the school's website.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will You Take The Challenge?

Standards Based Grading