Day 3 of school!

This post will be a short one because I am TIRED! This is my fifth year teaching, but it really feels like my first year again. Academy 21 (our project-based learning pilot) has been a lot of fun but it takes a lot of time and effort. I hope I remember these first few days at the end of the year because I am sure that I will be amazed by how much my students will have grown.

Yesterday I asked my advisory group to email me and tell me anything they think I should know about them. Here is one of those letters (oh yeah, I changed the name to STUDENT A for obvious reasons):

Hi Ms. Colque!

I am STUDENT A, but I hope you already know that. I live with my medium sized family, which consists of my mom, dad, sister (10), and brother (7). I love to run (cross country and track) and I am a cheerleader. That pretty much leaves me with no free time but when I am fortunate enough to get some, I swim.
Do not be surprised if I don't talk to you in the morning, I am NOT a morning person. As the day goes on I get more work done and cheer up a little. Also, I think I get the same amount of work done in group projects or individually. That is, depending on who my group partners are, and sometimes I get a little bossy. Since we are on the subject, I enjoy math sometimes and I love Social Studies. This is really all you need to know about me. I am looking forward to continuing academy 21!

STUDENT A

I thought that was such a great letter. I feel like I know more about her now in these three days that I would have if she were in my traditional class. This made me smile and realize that we are doing a great thing for students.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will You Take The Challenge?

Standards Based Grading

Confession: Why I stopped blogging