Constantly improving is the name of the game...

Lately, I am analyzing how I teach my social studies classes and what I can do to make it better... actually I am ALWAYS doing that but this time it is on a much bigger scale. I am looking into how to make my classes to be more personalized for each student. Why does everyone have to learn the same exact thing for the same exact length of time? What if the idea of units were not based on certain weeks, but more on the time it takes each individual to understand the learning targets? There are many questions that go along with these ideas... what does that look like, how is that managed, how do you know students are learning, what motivates the students? I believe this is what teachers do... we constantly look for ways to improve lessons, our curriculum, and our teaching strategies to help students' learn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will You Take The Challenge?

Standards Based Grading

Confession: Why I stopped blogging